The rollout of 5G is bringing an ample number of opportunities for the auto industry. 5G network facilitates machine-to-machine communication, hence advantages of 5G on the automotive industry will be comprehensive – starting from the smart road to autonomous vehicles, the automotive industry will see major impacts on the 5G network. The potential of 5G technology is beneficial for shaping the future of transportation in terms of autonomous cars, smart roads, auto manufacturing, etc. So now let us see how a stable 5G network with Accurate 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Accurate RF drive test tools & equipment, RF tester software app & network LTE 4g tester will benefit the auto industry?
Autonomous Vehicles –
With the widespread adoption of 5G, the introduction of fully autonomous vehicles has stepped forward in the market. 5G autonomous vehicles will change the way we commute, as they will save on accident avoidance annually and reduce car insurance costs. With 5G due to the low latency and high accuracy, it is possible to operate autonomous vehicles such as driverless cars, etc. 5G connected cars use hundreds of sensors that generate tons of data as well as transmit this data quickly which requires handling, processing, and analysis. Why 5G is useful in enhancing autonomous vehicles to make them more connected, reliable, and safe?
- Edge computing: Technology like Edge computing brings both computation and data storage closer to the source rather than just processing data at a central location, hence it makes autonomous vehicles more reliable. 5G connected vehicles comprise low latency and therefore, they can communicate, process, and react to the data in real-time even in 5 milliseconds.
- Vehicle-to-everything communication: This more reliable internet connectivity on 5G makes it open for vehicle-to-everything communication, which means that a connected car can easily spread data from other nearby vehicles, road sensors, infrastructure, and more. Thus, this technology is useful in improving safety among autonomous vehicles.
- HD or 3D road mapping: This ensures self-driving accuracy, which means HD mapping provides vehicles with a 360-degree view of the roads so that vehicles can maintain situational awareness. For example, if a road ended near a cliff, the vehicle with HD road mapping technology will be able to know when and where to stop.
Smart Roads –
Like autonomous vehicles, roads are also getting smarter and safer. The inability to detect blind spots and delayed braking response times while driving on the road are leading causes of accidents happening almost every day. So, to avoid road accidents, the emphasis is on using 5G technology in the auto industry – 5G enabled technology will provide opportunities for connected roads such as bus stops, smart metros, etc. Smart roads such as highways and flyovers use 5G-connected sensors to track road conditions, reduce traffic congestion, etc. How 5G is beneficial for smart road technology improvements?
- Real-time traffic informing: Real-time traffic reporting technology can track and transmit data of the nearby areas to the connected vehicles, which will decrease traffic congestion, time spent idling, and save car fuel, thereby reducing carbon emissions.
- Weather detection: Weather update provides more visibility to the drivers, which means smart roads with sensors will be able to detect nearby weather conditions and send the same data to vehicles’ satellite navigation systems. This will enable drivers to take the decision whether they should go on the road or not.
- Crowdsourcing street data helps identify poor road conditions: with 5G data, connected vehicles will quickly detect hazardous road conditions such as potholes in a faster manner – road sensors will transmit street data directly to road contractors to enable them to address such issues accordingly.
The auto industry is choosing 5G as it unlocks many exciting use cases – thanks to the benefits such as 5G being 100 times faster than 4G, increased reliability means guaranteed delivery of time-critical information, and low latency as in it takes a matter of milliseconds to send information from one point to another. But they will be concerned about their network stability for choosing the best network optimization or testing solution. So, to meet their requirements, the RantCell tool has been designed. RantCell is equipped with mass deployment and crowd sourcing capabilities that will provide QoE on the mobile network to have more connectivity and communication, this way the auto industry will be benefitted from a stable 5G network.