In this post-pandemic era, many professionals are rushing to return to their offices. Naturally, all professionals want to look their best while making their long-awaited comebacks. Surprisingly, cosmetic procedures among men are in high demand. Both men and women desire to boost their appearances.
That’s why time-efficient treatments that don’t require extensive recovery times or involve major scars are popular among men and women. According to a recent report, the top three most popular cosmetic procedures among males and females are –
- Laser hair removal
Of the three, laser hair removal is the most popular as it’s the least invasive and the most advantageous.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is the process of treating hair at extremely high temperatures. When exposed to such temperatures, the hair disintegrates. Laser hair removal experts burn the hair, destroy all bulbs, and ensure hair never comes out of the laser-treated spots. That’s why laser hair removal processes are also known as “permanent” hair removal procedures.
Some other advantages of laser hair removal processes include –
- Safe: The best dermatologists and cosmetic doctors use epilation laser Montreal. This strictly medical procedure is extremely safe and easy to “endure” for the patients. The lasers pointed on their skin emit heat upon contact with hair. The lasers can also heat and disintegrate micro-cysts, moles, etc. The lasers never burn the patient’s skin, as only certified dermatologists or cosmetic doctors can legally use these devices. They are sanctioned by law to use lasers.
- Better Than Plucking: Think laser hair removalis painful? Try plucking the hair on your face or body one by one! Laser hair removal is one of the most painless cosmetic processes. Typically, these processes last up to 20 to 30 minutes. Once the total destruction of the hair and its bulbs are complete, the hair bulbs never grow back.
- Cost-Effective: The upfront fees of laser hair removalprocesses are fairly costly. But, compare those fees to the costs of getting multiple hair removal sessions at beauty salons. Opting for a “permanent” hair removal solution is much more cost-efficient in the long run.
- Better Appearance: Hair in odd spots on the body can severely damage a person’s self-esteem. Returning to physical workspaces with such insecurities looming over your head is never a good idea. Getting a non-invasive yet permanent solution like laser hair removal can do wonders for your appearance and your self-esteem.
- No Limits: You can get laser hair removal done on any spot on your body that contains hair. Faces, legs, stomachs, backs, legs, and underarms – all these body parts can undergo laser hair removal procedures risk-free.
Should I Get Laser Hair Removal – What Are the Risks?
The number of incidents regarding injuries due to laser hair removal is extremely low. Most recipients of these procedures experienced mild side effects like scalp inflammation or pain in the treated areas. The average consumer should be afraid of undergoing medical processes that involve the use of lasers.
The only risk to be feared is getting laser hair removal from the wrong professionals. As long as the procedure is carried out by a licensed professional, the risk of negative side effects is minimal.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal?
Your dermatologist or cosmetologist will determine how many laser hair removal sessions you will need. The number of sessions people require depends on various factors such as –
- The treatment areas.
- Age of the patient.
- Genetics and hormonal factors.
- How clear or tanned the patient’s skin is.
Once a dermatologist or cosmetologist sets up the first session, patients should follow their strict instructions. After the initial session, it’s completely normal for the treated skin to appear red and swollen. Ask for soothing creams at the dermatologist’s cleaning. In-between two laser hair removal sessions, patients must not –
- Get exposedto UV rays.
- Go for swimming in pools that contain Chlorine water.
- Tan their skins.
Patients can even undergo low-cost hair maintenance sessions to ensure they look smooth and hair-free at all times!