A fillable form is a PDF form that can be easily filled out and attached to an email. Forms provided by these companies allow information to be filled out through computers. The traditional paper-based application process can be a headache and result in both paper and time waste. As an alternative, fillable PDF forms are convenient and enable a business to be more organized and professional. Fillable forms based around the PDF format ensure consistency across platforms because the forms are based on the same file format. Despite its structure, layout, and graphics, the form remains intact.
What Are Dynamic PDF Forms?
According to their level of sophistication and functionality, PDF forms can be categorized into three categories:
- For the static PDF forms – these can be viewed and completed on screen, then printed for return, but they cannot be saved or completed in several sessions. However, they don’t provide the best form-filling experience because they don’t utilize interactive features such as fillable fields or buttons. Nevertheless, they are compatible with most versions of Adobe Reader, as well as many third-party applications, and are relatively inexpensive to implement and distribute.
- Forms in extended PDF format – with Adobe Reader Extensions, users can save the form locally and complete it in multiple sessions. An interactive tool such as embedded video or flash as well as notifications and validation rules can be effective in optimizing data capture. Additionally, the automated validation, and submission, of forms within PDF files will result in fewer errors since attachments will be added inside the PDF file and returns will be sent via email.
- Customer experience is a quality feature of a PDF form if it has this feature. However, extended PDF forms can only be read by Adobe Reader versions 8.1 or later, so they are quite expensive to produce and distribute.
- Using dynamic PDF forms, where logic adapts the form’s layout based on the user’s input, enables interactive user experiences. Fields, for instance, automatically expand to accommodate the content that is required. Based on the responses given earlier, non-relevant sections will be hidden from certain users.
You can ensure that only relevant questions are ever asked of your customers using effective form design, you will cut down on their time spent completing your form, and the errors on the completed forms you receive will be reduced as well.
Obviously, Dynamic Forms Are The Future, So Why Aren’t More People Using Them?
What are the great mystery surrounding dynamic PDF forms? Is it that more people don’t use them?’. Given how widely available, free and free-of-charge dynamic forms are, it’s hard to understand why so many large brands still use PDF forms that are not dynamic.
Add to that the staggering cost savings associated with integrating dynamic forms, and there really is no reason an organization should ask a customer to complete a confusing digital form with cumbersome routing instructions and irrelevant content. These days, forms are an integral part of almost every commercial or administrative activity, and as such, brands have to understand how well-designed forms influence the quality of their customer experience and branding.
Advantages of Promoting
- The processing of forms is cheaper
- Errors are fewer in data entry
- Cost-effective postage and mail processing
- A dynamic form can be saved offline
- Attach files to the form for submission
- The back office system can easily integrate submitted forms
- Enhancing the customer experience
Businesses or organizations that don’t use dynamic forms are potentially missing out on a number of opportunities, causing unnecessary stress to their customers, and tarnishing their brand.